Monday, March 28, 2011

The Lingering Party Guest

Crickets were among the attendance at Hayes' 6th birthday party.  Apparently, one of them missed the memo that the party was over!  I turned around the corner of my bed and was nearly eye to eye with a cricket on the wall.  I gasped and jumped back.

I never thought of myself as afraid of bugs or anything.  But apparently, I do have a slight fear because I was dreading having to grab the thing with a Kleenex.  And dear hubs was at work.  Huey, my resident grasshopper catcher was at school.  I knew I couldn't leave it because what if it decided to start singing at midnight?!  Fortunately, we had not noticed any serenading in the three days it's been hopping around our home inconspicuously.



By the time I returned with a Kleenex, it was no longer on the wall.  There it was on the floor.  I held my breath, scrunched my nose, turned my face, and reached in to scoop the cricket up, praying it wouldn't touch me in the process.  Once it was successfully contained, I rushed out the front door.  And breathed a huge sigh of relief that:
1. I didn't accidentally kill it while capturing it
2. It in fact did not touch me
3. It can now sing to its heart's desires.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...