Friday, March 4, 2011

Huey-ism: Evil Toys

The boys were playing in their room tonight.  Suddenly, the house was resonating with sobbing.  Adam went back to check on the situation.  It was Hayes (as if we really expected it to be Houston).

Adam:  Hayes, what's the matter?
Hayes:  <still sobbing>  Houston...<sob, sob>...squeezed...my arm!
Adam:  <looking at Houston> Is that true?  Did you squeeze his arm?  Hayes said you did.
Houston:  <He shrugs his shoulders and puts on his innocent eyes.>  No, Jirachi was doing his attack!


That Jirachi sure does look like an evil and highly dangerous Pokemon character!

This reminded us of another time where Houston's toys were the evil culprit.
Houston was around 2.5 years old .  He was newly potty trained and loved saying the potty words.  He would just repeat them over and over.  Then, Hayes would begin to chime in.  We deemed those words "bad words" at our house.  Consequence = spanking.  One day shortly after we had remedied the foul words from our home, I once again heard Houston saying, "Poo poo.  Poo poo." in the back of the car.

Me:  Houston!  Are you saying potty words again?
Huey:  No, Mommy.  <He holds his toy up.>  It was "wobot" (translation = robot).
Me:  Oh.  Well, we can't have robots at our house that say bad words.  Hand him to me.

Then, I chunked him out the window.  Yeah, I know.  I probably scarred him for life.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! I just had a really good laugh out loud at this story..I can just see you chunking the toy out the window :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...