Monday, March 7, 2011

Check-Ups

Today I lumped Hawkins' 3 year check-up and Holt's 4 month check-up together.  I braved the visit by myself.  Imagine my relief when I found out only Holt was getting shots.

So what does every child look forward to at the doctor?  The sucker of course.  Hawkins started in early looking for that sucker.  We hadn't even gotten back to the room yet and he was asking about his sucker.

Hawkins was 37.25 inches and 32 pounds.  Both of which are in the 50th percentile.  Then it was Holt's turn to be weighed and measured.  If you missed them, his stats are here.  "I get a sucker now?"

They checked Hawk's blood pressure and we went to pee in a cup.  That was a new experience for me.  Usually, my husband is there with me and he takes the boys to the restroom.  I only splashed a little on me while trying to snatch the cup away while he was still in mid-stream.  "I get a sucker now?"

Next was finger pricking time.  He was reluctant to hand over a finger but was very brave through it all.  "I get a sucker now?"

Then, it was time to wait on Dr. Owen.  Are my kids the only ones who think the sink and bottle of soap are toys in the waiting room?  They incessantly wash their hands.


Holt found a super handsome baby to admire and play with.

Everyone got a great report.  Holt got 3 shots.  "I have sucker now?"

"Yes, Hawk.  You can get a sucker now."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...