Thursday, March 17, 2011

Spring Break Day 4

They had spent the night with Grammy and Papaw.  I got myself and Holt ready and headed over to pick them up.  We had another busy fun-filled day of activities planned.

When I arrived, I was informed that they were up at 4am!  Now, they are never late sleepers.  But 4 am?!  Mom said that Hawkins had woken up scared and screaming, which woke the other boys.  They convinced Grammy to make some strawberry muffins.  They were nearly gobbled up straight out of the oven.
So Grammy went to get them some donuts.
Those were nearly gobbled up too.

As I headed upstairs to gather all of my children and their scattered articles of clothing, I passed by the playroom.

I must admit, I did find a bit of comfort in the fact that my children don't just save all of their room-trashing skills for my house.

It was time to head to the park.  It was another warm and beautiful day, although windy.  I chose a park that we had not been to in nearly four years.  I figured the kids would never remember it.  Besides, it has a LOT of playground equipment.

As soon as we pulled in, Houston says, "Mom!  This is the park that the ants bit me right on that hill!"  Unbelievable.  The kid can not remember how to spell 'picture' after reviewing it a hundred dozen times for his spelling test but he remembers that from four years ago!


Huey made it all the way across the monkey bars.






They played hide and seek.
And how awesome is this?!  A three head water fountain at the perfect height for all three of my boys!

We served up lunch St. Patty's Day style.

 If you look closely, you can see the green goo (mayo) on the side of his mouth.
Hayes' mac-n-cheese.  His teeth were even green.

Then it was time for the much anticipated bike ride with Abby.  This was the first time the kids could just ride their bikes wherever they wanted and at whatever pace they wanted.  They have always been restrained by me, because I am on foot.  They were so excited about Abby coming that they greeted her in the driveway, hopped on their bikes, and got ready to head off without even a goodbye.

That evening, we headed down to the Mississippi river to check out the unusually high water level.

And finished the day off with a meal at The Rendezvous for some awesome bar-b-que.  Grandma and Grandpa joined in the fun.


And while waiting for our table, we found out that we have 170 pounds of boys!

It was a wonderful day.  But I think Holt can sum up best how we all felt by the end of the day:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...