Sunday, May 12, 2013

Resurrection

I have no idea how to rightfully resurrect a blog but I am going to give it an honest try.  I do wish at some point to go back and update on the highlights that are missing over my hiatus.  I haven't figured out exactly how to do that yet. But I will let you know.

It was never my intention to take such a long break from blogging, but somehow it's been nearly two years since I maintained it at the volume that I desired.  I truly enjoy it and see the priceless value of it as a journal for my children.  I like to imagine that one day they will cherish it.  But I do have 4/5ths boys, so that might be wishful thinking.  And if not, I blog for me and Adam.  If you are a parent, then you know just how quickly these tiny moments are fleeting.  This is my opportunity to stamp these precious memories into forever.  And I also blog for you, family and friends, who like to keep up with the Schwartz happenings.

So let's review how our family has changed in the last two years:

Houston is now 9 and wrapping up 3rd grade.  His growth is still off the charts.  (He wears a men's size 10 shoe.)  He is still quite the talented artist.  "I'm full" was spoken by him never in the last two years.  He is thankfully a fantastic assistant.  He has a compassionate heart towards others.  He is an early riser.  He loves to help in the kitchen, especially when baking muffins.  He is a video game wizard and speaks fluent British.


Hayes is 8 and finishing 2nd grade.  He is still our peacemaker and tender hearted seeker of justice.  He despises when anyone is wronged.  Hayes tears up easily.  All you have to do is tell him something really sweet or something remotely sad.  Like I said, tender hearted.  He adores all things hockey and would rather play with any actual toys than something electronic.


Hawkins is 5 and will be starting kindergarten in the Fall.  The kid has one volume...LOUD!!  He is energetic, wild, spontaneous, fun-loving and ornery.  He is particular with his outfits.  His clothes have to fit just right -- not too loose, not too tight, not too long, not too short or a full out fit will erupt.  He is a picky eater and every bit of the stereotypical pesky little brother.


Holt is 2.5.  He hasn't grown into his big head yet but he is the smiley-est little boy ever.  He is a slow talker but doesn't let that stand in his way of attempting to boss his brothers around, especially Hawk.  His nickname is Captain Destructor.  If left unsupervised for any period of time, he just might leave you a wake the size of Kansas.  He loves to pretend cook with plastic food or real food scraps.  He freely gives and receives hugs and kisses, and is completely attached to his little lamb stuffed animal named Hammy.


And Halle.  Our blessed surprise from heaven.  We were oblivious to the enormous hole we had in our family until she arrived and filled it.  She is the center of all the attention and affection around here.  The boys argue for a turn to cuddle with her.  She has chubby baby goodness for thighs and cheeks.  She loves, loves, loves to sleep.  When she is awake, she is either singing, smiling, bouncing or a combination of those three.

 
Rebekah.  We said good-bye to our beloved family pet just one short month ago.  Poor kitty stuck it out through thick and thin with us.  She has been here since the beginning.  She was a gift from Adam when we first started dating in 1997.  We have had many pets over the years, but she is the only one that we hung on to.  She was never a lap cat but when she wanted affection, she would come find you.  She mewed in the wee hours of the mornings and move articles of clothing around the house as if they were her kittens.  She loved to play with anything small or stringy.  She would impatiently wait every morning to polish off the milk in the bottom of my cereal bowl.
 
 
And finally, the addition of Mercedes.  Oh my!  There is much more to this story that I will update later.  But for now, she is a red tail boa and is approximately 4 feet long.  She joined our household September of 2012.  She is the fulfillment of one of Adam's childhood dreams and the embodiment of all my childhood adult fears.  I still can't bring myself to touch her, much less hold her.  I told Adam one day, "I still don't get the point of owning a snake.  She just stays curled under her rock all day long.  She is so boring."  He very wittingly replied, "Well dear, would you rather that she be highly active?"  Point taken.
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Yippee! So happy to read about your family and see pics of the boys and little princess. My how they have grown. Keep up the good work. We love checking up on you from time to time. Kit and Jerry in Brackettville.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...