Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Spring Break Day 3

Aunt and Uncle Shep gave us a family zoo membership two Christmas's ago.  We were delighted over such a gift!  We have been intending to get to the zoo ever since.  It just hadn't worked out for us.  The week before Spring Break, as I was starting to work out the week's activities, I determined that we were going to the zoo!  I asked Adam which day he would prefer, since I informed him that he would be taking the day off to go with us.  Today it was!

The older boys had both been to the zoo this year on a school field trip.  But other than that, I think we took them once when they were itty bitty and Houston had been a couple of times with Aunt Natalie as a wobbling toddler.  Needless to say, it has been a while!  While I could post a bunch of cool pictures of lions, tigers, and bears, etc. the real cuteness is my four H's, who were surprisingly patient with the incessant camera shots today!

Hawkins was checking out some polar bears that were playing.

Hawkins' preferred method of travel at the zoo
We arrived at the zoo at exactly 10:00am.  It was perfect!  The weather was beautiful and there were hardly any other patrons there.  Fast forward an hour and we were nearly consumed in a sea of strollers.  By that time we had seen well over 50% of the zoo, including the reptiles, which the boys could not wait to visit.  However, we had not yet made it to the newest exhibit of bears and wolves that I wanted to check out.
After that initial hour, the kids quickly started to lose interest.  I paused to take some pictures of the flamingos.  The boys popped a seat on the curb.  As I turned to look at them, their expressions said it all!  We agreed to head to the exit.  I imagine that the twenty minute trek to the parking lot was filled with complaints about being tired, hungry, feet hurt, or something to that tune but I couldn't hear them because I had turned my listening ears off.

At least I know my kids' expiration at the zoo is exactly 1 hour 15 minutes. 

After having some burgers for lunch, it was nearly time to get ready to head to Grammy & Papaw's to spend the night.  The kids couldn't wait!

They rode bikes.
 Played on the tractors.
Tried to dig a hole to China.  But decided they didn't want any China-men surprising them, so they filled it back in.
They wrapped the evening up watching Megamind with some popcorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...