Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Holt is 2 Months!

Wow!  I can not even believe Holt has been with us for two months already!  He is such a sweet and precious baby.  We could not be more blessed to have him in our family.  If you remember from my previous post, when I called to schedule his 2 month check-up, I was remembering his birthday wrong.  Because of my error, his appointment is not until this Friday.  Therefore, I will add his stats to this post on Friday so be sure to check back then for height, weight, and percentiles.

*  You weigh 11 lb 13 oz and are 23" long.  You are in the 50th percentile for height and weight and the 90th percentile for head.  (You can thank your daddy for that one!)
*  We found out today that you have a contracted muscle in your neck that keeps you always looking to your left.  Dr. Owen assigned me some homework, stretching that muscle out.  You're beginning to get a flat spot on the back left of your head because of this.  This is nothing to worry about, I was assured and even if we didn't do our exercises, it should work itself out.
*  You still sleep swaddled in your car seat, on top of the vibrating seat, in our bathtub.  We leave the vent on for some white noise while you are sleeping.
*  You started smiling already (apparently ahead of the curve, I might add).  I get milestone emails and one thing it had said to look for in this upcoming month was a real grin and you've already done that!
*  You have the sweetest voice.  This best time to a catch a nice conversation with you and a big grin is after you've finished drinking a bottle, provided that you're still awake.
*  You are really starting to get some good neck control.  Not ready for the Bumbo yet, but it's coming!
*  Your face is getting rounder and rounder.  We love your little chubby bunny cheeks.

*  You are mesmerized by the ceiling fans.  If you're being a little fussy after being laid down on the couch, you'll catch a glipse of the fan and immediately hush.
*  When I offer you the bottle, you get really excited and try to "help" with your arms.  Sometimes it seems as though you are even guarding the bottle in your mouth with your hands.  It's as if you are saying, "This is mine and I am NOT sharing."  I think somehow you already know what world you have entered into and already understand that with three brothers, you're gonna have to fight for your piece of the pie.
*  You are a noisy little baby.  You grunt and moan constantly.  When you moan while you're eating, I like to think it is because you are thoroughly enjoying the delicious meal that I painstakingly prepared just for you.
*  We made you a confetti angel food cake for your two month birthday.  We all enjoyed eating it, while you had a bottle.  I think you have now had more "birthday cakes" than your older brother, Hawkins.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...