Monday, January 31, 2011

Mr. Mom

Adam was off work today and as the 7:00 alarm went off (after three snoozes) we both rolled out of bed.  I was excited about having some help with my morning routine and also excited for him to witness my well oiled machine.  I headed straight for the kids' room to wake the troops and he headed straight for the bathroom.

I spent the next 5 minutes singing the kids awake.  When that didn't get them up, I then threatened them with their lives.  (Yes, I do this every morning)  I then spent the next 10 minutes picking out their clothes, making them breakfast, and hounding them about getting their clothes on, shoes and socks included.

Adam finally emerged from the bathroom.  So much for some help.  "What can I do, honey?" he asked me.  "Well, there's not really anything left now." I replied in my passive-aggressive voice, but mostly passive.  I continued packing Hayes' snack.

On second thought, I decided to tag him in on the morning routine--it would be nice to take advantage of this and get a kickstart to my own day.  "Just make sure the kids grab their coats and put Hayes' snack in his backpack.  They need to be outside looking for the bus by 7:38." I instructed as I set the tupperware containing the snack in plain sight on the kitchen counter.  "Aye, aye, captain" I heard as I headed back to the bathroom to begin getting myself ready for the day.

Thirty minutes later, the kids have already caught the bus and Adam is lounged on the bed playing on the computer.  I stroll into the kitchen and immediately march back to the bedroom.

Holding the tupperware containing Hayes' snack I declare to my husband, "Don't quit your day job!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...