Thursday, February 3, 2011

Holt is 3 Months!!

My precious boy, another month has passed.  For a short while it seemed like life was in slow motion.  It seemed like it took forever for you to reach 3 months.  And for that, I was totally grateful because I know I will blink and I'll be sending you off to kindergarten.  However, lately I feel as though someone has hit the fast forward button.  You are growing and changing so fast now.  If only I could locate the pause button!

*You are the happiest, talking-est, smiling-est baby.  As long as you are not tired or hungry, you just smile and coo up a storm.  It is the most adorable thing ever.
*You sing along with me when I sing to you.  I like to hold you close and sing a song while touching your sweet face and you will coo back to me in harmony.
*You've found your hands and love, love, love to chew on them.  You are very persistent in trying to fit your entire fist in there.  But so far you've had no luck.
*You have pretty good head support now.  We keep trying you in your Bumbo seat, but you're still not quite ready.  A couple more weeks and you should be good to go.
*You can support your weight on your legs for a few seconds and really enjoy it.
*You've been successfully transitioned from sleeping in your car seat, though you gave me heck about it for the first couple of days.  I chose to make the move while Dad was out of town and you were up and down all through the night for two days.  You nap during the day in your pack-n-play (which is in my room) and sleep on the couch wedged between pillows at night.  But we plan on getting your brother, Hawkins, a big boy bed this weekend which means you will be sleeping in the crib in the nursery with Hawk by next week!
*You're doing better with the whole neck muscle thing.  You can actually turn your head from side to side now.  But we can always tell when you are sleepy because you crank your head far to the left.

*Your face is really filling out!  We've nicknamed you Chubby McChubsters.
*Your diet still consists of solely breastmilk.
*We went on our first really long road trip (16 hours) with you this past month and you did great!  You stayed happy in your car seat for pretty much the entire trip.
*Most people say you look like Hayes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...