Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Holt's Bumbo

The Bumbo seats were new when I had Hawkins.  He loved sitting in it!  I'm pretty sure he was about 2.5 months when he would sit happily in there.  As long as I placed him near me, he would sit for a good 20-30 minutes while I folded laundry, cooked dinner, etc.  I've been anxious to get Holt in his seat.  I think it will establish a bit of freedom back into my schedule.

I've been trying him in the Bumbo since he was two months old.  Since he is now over three months old, I figure he's got to be ready for the Bumbo seat.  However, Holt has a large flat spot on the back-left side of his head due to the muscle contraction in his neck and months of sleeping funny.  Because the left side is flat, the right side looks monstrously oversized.  Well, not so much, but we do call him Mr. Lumpy Head.

He has really good neck control now.  You can sit him up on your lap and he will hold his head up and look around taking in all the action before him.  But as soon as you place him in the Bumbo, his head topples to the right.  His head gravitates to the right shoulder and he can not correct it.  I'm beginning to wonder if he is right-side heavy since the flat spot is on the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...