Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Daddy, We Need to Talk

Dear Daddy,

Thank you for taking me with you to Walgreens today.  I really enjoyed our quick detour involving you doing donuts in your car at the snow covered parking lot.  Once we arrived at Walgreens, I was especially impressed with the avalanche of snow that fell on me when you opened my car door.  I know by the time we got home, I had dozed off for a very small cat nap.  I also know that you were very concerned with getting the groceries in and stopping to say hello to Mommy.  She distracted you with an important and exciting phone call that needed to be made.  Houston was very concerned with showing you his new advances on his Pokemon game.  Hawkins was sick and looking the most pitiful ever, so you felt compelled to give him a long hug and then a nose wipe.  I just want you to know that I don't hold it against you that I was alone in the car for twenty minutes or so.  After I woke up, I watched the snowflakes fall outside the window.  I was a very good boy and did not cry.  Because of the nifty little car seat cover, I stayed very warm and cozy, even though it was a frigid 29 degrees outside.  I knew you would come get me, eventually, even if Mommy had to inquire about my presence first.  But if it isn't too much to ask, next time could you at least leave radio on?

Love,
Holt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...