Monday, January 10, 2011

Weekend Fun

One of our favorite dinners around the Schwartz household is a smorgasbord of snack food.  Adam and I began the tradition as newlyweds.  I taught gymnastics at the time and would not get home until 8:30 or 9:00 so we often ate snack food type dinners.  After we both put on 15 pounds or so, we retired that and adopted slightly healthier dinners.


Every now and then, we like to indulge and share in with the kids.  Friday night seemed like a great night.  We packed up and headed to the grocery.  Back-in-the-day snack night didn't cost so much when it was just the two of us!  And note to self: Bagel Bites tasted much better when I was a little kid.

Unknowingly, the cat slipped outside while we were bringing the groceries in.  She loves to sit outside the door for some fresh air and check out the latest neighborhood prowlers.  As we sat down for dinner, we heard a cat fight in progress.  Not realizing our cat was outside, we continued with our meal.  A little while later, we were all playing Mario Kart on the Wii.  Our uber cautious and highly alert neighbor called to let us know that one of our car doors was open.  He suspected something might be suspicious, when actually, one of the kids had just forgotten to shut it.  Hayes went out and shut the door.  We continued with our fierce competition of mad driving.

Around 11, it was nighttime for everyone.  Usually, the cat comes out of hiding once all the noise-makers, aka kiddos, have been put to bed.  Strangely, she was no where to be found.  I called for her at the front door and the back door.  I began to worry a little that the cat fight we had heard earlier was in fact our kitty.  Adam decided he would go out and look for her.  This was the last place I would have looked!

Here I am!  Let me out!  Let me out!

The next day, Saturday, was sweet Sarah's 1st birthday.  I had a great time practicing my photography with a lovely subject, the birthday girl.  It was so precious to watch her open presents and eat cake for the first time.  As an added bonus, we all got a makeover goth look with the black icing.  I was forewarned about the black icing, so I was mindful to brush my teeth extra long just before leaving for the party.  I even consumed the delicious cake without using my teeth, but all my efforts were in vain.  Lips and teeth black as night.  At least everyone in the room was in the same boat.



This will teach Mommy never to leave the house without a bib:



That night Adam and I had a lovely dinner with another couple while the boys hung out at Grammy's house.  We wrapped the weekend up on Sunday by hoping for snow all day.  By 7:00, the storm had blown in and everything was turning white.  By 8:30, the announcement was made that school would be closed!  More on Snow Day to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...