Sunday, November 28, 2010

Holt Meets FBCL

It was a bit of a hectic morning, trying to get all six Schwartz's ready for church for the first time.  So much so that Dad and the three big boys headed to Sunday School, leaving Holt and I to meet up with them for "big church".  I got myself ready, and as soon as it was time to get Holt ready, he began to get hungry.  I was completely out of time to make it to church without being tardy.  There was certainly no time to sit and feed him a bottle.  I decided breakfast on the go would be the best solution.  Don't tell the cops, but I loaded him in his car seat and placed him in the front seat.  I turned the air bags off so don't panic on me!  This way, I could multi-task -- head to church while feeding Holt.

By the time we arrived at church, he had finished 2/3 of his bottle.  I removed him from his car seat and headed into church.  As soon as I sat down, Adam wanted to hold him.  I passed him off and asked Adam to finish feeding him.  "But what if he explodes?" he asks.  I snickered and said, "Surely not."

We sang all the worship songs and it was time for the preacher to get up and deliver the sermon.  About 10 minutes into the sermon, the preacher pauses for a moment.  At that exact moment of utter silence, Holt blows it out!  I am certain the entire congregation heard it -- how could they not?!  The entire youth group, myself included, could not quit snickering for the next 10 minutes.  What can I say?  My kid was born with perfect timing.  And that was the only peep he made the entire 90 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...