Saturday, December 25, 2010

My Awesome Christmas Present #2

If you've been following the blog, you know it has been a struggle to get my near three year old excited about giving up his diapers.  Everytime we would ask him when he was gonna be a big boy and start using the potty, he would definitively say, "Tomorrow!"  I even joked with him about him using the potty as my only Christmas wish.

In all fairness and honesty, I blame myself for him still in diapers.  It takes a lot of time and attention, both of which all mine has been focused on Holt for the last 6 weeks.  I was becoming increasingly resentful with each time I changed Hawk's diaper and the Tuesday before Christmas, I was on a mission to rid the diapers before the new year.

The way we have potty trained our other two boys was to stay home and they stayed naked from the waist down.  Then every 30-60 minutes, we would prompt them to sit on the toilet.  At first, Hawkins shot me a lot of these looks everytime I told him it was time to go "sit potty" again.  And the look was almost always followed by an exasperated "awww!" or "not yet" or "I already did."  We had only one accident that first day of potty training and it was within the first hour of being a total free bird.  The next day he and the other boys spent all day at Grammy's house.  Unfortunately, he was in a diaper the whole time at her house.  Once he returned home Thursday, the first thing we did was yank that diaper off again.  Still lots of glares and excuses but no accidents the entire day.  We've had a few accidents here and there since but he is doing an amazing job!

Therefore, I am officially calling Hawkins toilet trained and he was such a pro that it was actually in time to be my awesome Christmas present #2!

 He even wrapped himself up in some adorable "ho ho ho" Christmas underwear, donned an elf hat, and laid underneath the tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...