Friday, October 8, 2010

Little Smarty Pants

Hawkins and I were building towers with some wooden alphabet blocks today.  They have letters on 2 sides and numbers or pictures on the remaining 4 sides.  I was having him label the certain pictures for me.  I picked a block up and said, "Look, Hawkins, an airplane."  He furrows his brow, shakes his head and says, "No, jet!"

A little later, we were working a bathtime themed puzzle.  I would hand him a piece and say, "Can you find where the ______ goes?"  And he would place the piece and we would both clap.  I handed him a piece and I called it a boat.  Once again, he furrows his brow, cocks his head to the side, and very matter of factly tells me, "No, submarine, Mom.  Not boat.  Submarine."  I laughed, gave him a big hug and kiss and clapped when he found where the submarine belonged.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...