Monday, April 4, 2011

Huey-ism: Nightmare

Houston had a nightmare last night.  I am so blessed because my children rarely ever get out of bed.  The kids were dead tired last night so we put them to bed early.  By 10:30 pm, Adam and I had just gone to bed ourselves.  Minutes later, Houston emerges.

Houston:  "Mommy, I had a nighmare."

I almost don't even know what to do in these instances, since it only occurs maybe once every two years that one of my children has a nightmare.  I invited him to snuggle with me a moment and tell me about it.

Houston:  "There were these bad guys and they had guns.  They were trying to get into our house and steal all of our food!"

I had to contain myself from snickering.  Although, provided what we've been eating lately, I presume it is a valid fear.  I comforted him and explained how our house is super safe and Daddy would not ever let anything happen to any of us.  However, if by some miracle, the bad guys did get all of our food, that Grammy & Papaw or Grandma & Grandpa could feed us.

He felt better and went back to bed.

Adam later confessed to me that Houston's nightmare of bad guys with guns might have been a result of him allowing Houston to watch portions of Black Hawk Down with him earlier in the day.  Aha!  You think?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...