Sunday, September 26, 2010

Potty, Pretty Please?!

So, Hawkins is 2 1/2 years old and H4 is debuting anytime in the next 5 weeks.  After having Houston and Hayes in diapers at the same time for over a year, I would really like to get Hawk potty-trained in the near future.  We bought him a little Cars seat that fits on the toilet and he has his own stool to climb up with.  However, he is deathly afraid of sitting on the potty.  I thought we would try to just get him acclimated to sitting on the potty first.  After he stood there shaking his head and screaming "No, no, no!", I surrendered.

We keep asking him if he is a big boy or a baby.  Of course, he always replies, "Big boy!" But then we ask him why he goes in diapers, and explain that diapers are for babies.  Well, the other day he dirtied his diaper and then immediately tells me, "Mommy, poopies, diaper.  Change me.  Now?"  Then he shakes his head and says "Sit."  You see, the word "not" is not in his vocabulary yet.  So, by the shaking of his head, he was telling me that he was not going to sit in his diaper until I changed him.

That was enough for me!  If he's able to tell me all that, then he can sit on that potty!  So, I delegated to Daddy.  Hawkins reluctantly sat on the potty!  First step to success!  Dad had a golf tournament to get to and we decided that Hawkins should go around without a diaper.  (That is how we potty-trained Houston and Hayes.)  Every 20 minutes, I would take him to sit on the toilet and try to get him to go.  After 2 hours, I was starting to get nervous.  He has to go by now!  But, he still wouldn't go.  No more than 2 minutes later, Hayes comes running in the living room announcing that he knows why Hawkins wouldn't go in the potty.  He had already peed on the floor by Hayes' bed!  Oh well, at least we got him to sit on the potty.  Needless to say, he wore diapers the rest of the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...